Friday, June 30, 2006

Out of Curiosity

[rant on]

Do you think I will ever be able to go an entire week without having some kind of friggin' computer meltdown? I do this for a living...why do the computer gods insist on punishing me? I mean REALLY...what did I do to them? Who did I piss off enough to make them present me with some niggling little problem that will pop up here and there? Not consistently, no...that would be tooooo figurable-outable. But one of those little "Let's drive Joanne insane today" things.

Basically, I am a good person (OK, I smoke and swear...but these are computer gods...like they should give a crap about that, right?). Oh no...they insist on stickin' it to me. God said "Today, this small application shalt not bring forth creation.. And it was so."

I have come to the conclusion that I am a sadomasochist. I love my job and I love playing around online; working, learning, reading, screwing around...but with that love there must be an inner desire to want the computer gods to mess with my mind. That has to be it. I must be internally screaming GIVE ME SOME LITTLE PROBLEM TO TOTALLY DRIVE ME CRAZY! I want it! I crave it! Please give it to me! Something that's small enough to not work the way it is supposed to...allow me to continue doing what I am doing...but with just a little GOTCHA that makes me go into total FIGURE IT OUT mode. Please do that to me...there is nothing more I love in life than wasting hours and hours dissecting WTF is wrong.

Maybe I need to get on my knees and pray to those gods. Some small sacrifice; a chicken or goat maybe? Blood wall to wall? Pennance! That's it. Rosaries to the internet goddess. Our Fathers to the registry god. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get off their shit list???

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Did I mention that Internet Explorer SUCKS?

[/rant off]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home